Boosting The Immune System -The Natural Way
Best Ways To Boost Your Immune System
Boosting the immune system is an important issue for many people. Especially during cold and flu season, people run out for flu shots or take extra vitamin C in order to prevent illness so they don’t miss work and their children don’t miss school. But most people don’t realize that boosting your immune system can do a lot more than help against colds or the flu. Or that using natural immune supplements can go a long way towards preventing many diseases of the immune system and immune disorders, while helping you live a longer healthier life.
Do You Have a Weak Immune System?
For the most part, we have a weak immune system because of our lifestyle choices. The modern world promotes a fast paced and very hectic lifestyle that puts incredible strain on our minds and bodies. Along with that stress, few people actually take proper care of their bodies to ensure balance and wellness. If any of the follow applies to you, you may need to look into taking steps towards boosting your immune system:
- Excessive physical and emotional stress.
- Worry and anxiety.
- Not getting enough sleep.
- A sedentary lifestyle with little or no exercise.
- A poor diet.
A weak immune system opens us up to many dangers, ranging from bacterial or viral infections, to diseases of the immune system. It can also leave us more vulnerable to cancer, since the immune system may not be strong enough to fight off cancerous cells. Even chemicals and other toxins may do more damage if we have a poor immune system. Boosting the immune system will prevent our cells from prematurely ageing.
Benefits to Boosting the Immune System
The immune system is precisely that — a system, not a single entity. To function well, developing a strong immune system requires balance and harmony.
Fortunately, boosting your immune system is not difficult and it provides a host of benefits to your health. What’s more, if you strengthen the immune system before infections or illness sets in, you can avoid prescription medications that may cause as much harm as good with unwanted side effects. The idea is to treat the body with natural supplements and work with the body’s natural resources. In doing this, your immune system can keep you healthy and full of energy. It can help you:
- Heal your cells and slow the effects of aging.
- Lower your risk of autoimmune disorders such as arthritis and allergies.
- Reduce the damage caused by toxic chemicals and radiation.
- Boosting the immune system will combat cancer cells as they develop.
- Defend against infection from bacteria and viruses.
- Purge your body of dead cells and dead bacteria.
All of these benefits will help in strengthening the immune system and can help prolong your life, give you high levels of energy and stamina, as well as vibrant health.
7- Healthy Habits For Boosting the Immune System
Since it is our poor lifestyle and habits that weaken our immune system, it stands to reason that changing them and making more healthy and positive habits can heal and strengthen the immune system. Here are some ways you can start enhancing your health today:
1. Diet. One of the main culprits is our poor diet. By eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains you can greatly enhance the immune system as well as your energy levels. Also make sure you drink plenty of water.
2. Exercise. Getting regular exercise is proven to help boost T-cell activity and get those cells mobilized to fight infection. Even a brisk walk can help if you don’t have the time or inclination to join the local gym. This is a low cost way of boosting the immune system.
3. Watch your weight. Excess weight puts a strain on all of the body’s systems, the immune system included.
4. Get enough sleep each night. Despite our hectic lifestyles, our bodies do need time to rest and rejuvenate. This will also make sure that your immune system is working at its best.
5. Be on the lookout for sources of infection. A good preventive measure is to stop infection before it occurs. Proper hygiene as well as making sure your food is properly cleaned and prepared can prevent illness. Wash your hands often or use an all natural hand sanitizer, especially if you are repeatedly touching public surfaces.
6. Reduce your stress. Like excess weight, excess stress causes a drain on the body’s systems and can weaken your immune system. Deep breathing, yoga, meditation, or just a peaceful walk to clear the mind can help lower stress levels and restore calm and boost the immune system.
7. Changes in lifestyle. If you smoke, quitting can help tremendously in boosting the immune system. Drinking alcohol should also be lessened if not eliminated completely. Also watch out for toxins in the environment, at home and at work. Things like car exhaust, industrial fumes, even chemicals added to our food can weaken the immune system so be aware of what you are consuming or possibly breathing in. At work for, for example, use a filter mask to avoid breathing in too much dust if that is a risk factor, as in construction. Read the labels on food packages. Avoid cigarette smoke.
One of the major threats to the immune system is smoking. Many smokers find themselves with constant colds and viral infections. Smoking seriously weakens and harms the immune system. It is also widely known to be a contributory factor in several other diseases and illnesses.
Natural Ways Of Boosting The Immune System
Along with a good diet, there are several vitamins and minerals that can help boost the immune system. If you are already eating healthy, chances are good that you’re already getting them. Otherwise, an all natural vitamin supplement can help you get the amounts you need to improve the immune system.
- Vitamin C. Easily found in various fruits.
- Vitamin E. Found in nuts as well as various vegetables, such as broccoli and spinach and fruits such as mango and papaya.
- Zinc. Found in red meat, poultry and seafood. It is also found in whole grains and nuts for those on a vegetarian diet.
- Selenium. Found in beef and tuna as well as fortified grain products such as some breads. Also in Brazil nuts and poultry.
- Antioxidants and Beta carotenes. These are easily found in a variety of fruits and vegetables.
Another natural way to boost the immune system is using herbal immune supplements. When used together with the various immune system foods in a healthy balanced diet, along with good lifestyle choices, they can help greatly in boosting your immunity.
A good well balanced supplement for boosting the immune system is called ImmunityPlus. I've been using it for almost 2 years now. I feel that ImmunityPlus provides me with an assortment of natural herbs that not only boost my immunity but gives me more energy and vitality. Boosting the immune system helps you feel great and perform at your best.
You will also experience:
- Enhanced cellular health and balanced bodily function
- Better circulation
- Improved liver function
- An overall healthier immune system to combat illness
Combating immune deficiency is really only a simple matter of making changes in our lifestyle to promote health and to avoid bad habits and toxins. By making these choices today, you can avoid the many immune disorders that may have resulted otherwise. This will lead you on the road to greater health, the natural way.
For more information about the immune system, check out:
“Immune System Herbs”
“Top 30 Immune System Boosters”
Back to top of page: “Boosting The Immune System -The Natural Way”