Fast Herbal Weight Loss
“Lose Weight Fast With Lifestyle and Diet Changes”
Herbal weight loss supplements provide many people the edge he or she needs to begin losing weight. For most of us, shedding excess pounds is a long and difficult process with many ups and downs. To complicate matters, the multitude of products claiming quick weight loss may not be safe or appropriate for your body.
Healthy Weight Loss Plan
Before I recommend taking any supplement for weight loss, I always emphasize that the best ways to lose weight involve lifestyle changes. If you want to look fit on the outside, you need to consider what you put inside your body. Whenever a client asks me how to lose weight, my first response always includes:
- Eat fresh foods – trade in fast and processed foods for fruits and veggies
- Exercise – burn calories, while helping your heart and bones
- Hydrate – drink water throughout the day
- Adequate rest – you may not realize this, but our bodies burn calories while we sleep
Herbal weight loss products, when coupled with adopting healthy life choices, will work faster; you will also have greater success maintaining your weight.
Remember, this is a process. Create a weight loss plan that is realistic for you. Many people aim for unachievable goals, setting themselves up for “failure.” If you can’t exercise for 30 minutes, start out with 5 minutes and slowly increase your endurance. Be kind, gentle and forgiving – each day is a new day.
Types of Herbal Weight Loss
Weight loss herbs primarily fall into one of four categories:
- Stimulant – increases metabolism; these herbs often possess thermogenic or heat-producing properties ideal for quick weight loss
- Diuretic – decreases fluids in the body, a fast way to lose weight
- Fat burning – improves digestion, oxidizes fat
- Appetite suppressant – curbs feelings of hunger
A number of herbs enable quick weight loss; however, keep in mind that a fast way to lose weight should also be safe. Certain herbal weight loss products contain components such as Ephedra, a natural stimulant with dangerous risks, such as increased heart rate and blood pressure – not worth the potential benefit.
Weight Loss Herbs
The best ways to lose weight always include diet and exercise; adding herbs to your weight loss plan help you lose weight faster, but should never be taken in lieu of a healthy lifestyle.
Alone or as part of an herbal weight loss product, well-known weight loss herbs include:
- Cayenne – contains capsaicin, which burns fat and improves digestion; can be taken as part of an herbal weight loss formula or sprinkled on food
- Dandelion – diuretic properties can be utilized by taking a supplement or adding raw flowers to a salad
- Garcina Cambogia – almost always used in herbal weight loss combinations to suppress hunger
- Ginseng – increases metabolism
- Green Tea – caffeine works as a stimulant
- Guar Gum – usually used in conjunction with other herbs, it curbs hunger sensations
- Licorice Root – suppresses appetite and reduces fat
- Pyruvate – found in cheese, red apples and red wine, herbal weight loss occurs through increased metabolism and decrease appetite
- Seaweed (Kelp) – increases metabolism, providing you with more energy as you introduce exercise and other activities into your lifestyle
In addition, certain herbal weight loss substances directly effect digestion; quick weight loss products might include Aloe Vera, Cascara Sagrada or Nettle for their laxative properties. Be careful when using products with laxative effects, as overuse can lead to serious health problems.
Long-Term Weight Loss
How to lose weight fast is the first step in a long process. You do not need to be one of the many people for which quick weight loss is followed by quick weight gain. Herbal weight loss remedies will help you shed pounds in the short-term, while changing your diet and exercise regime will ensure you stay fit in the long-term.
If you have chronic health conditions, take medication or are uncertain about which herbs are best for you, consult a physician or person knowledgeable in herbal weight loss to guide you through the process of making an effective weight loss plan.
For more information on weight loss read: “The Truth About Healthy Weight Loss”
Return to the home page: Natural Herbal Remedies Guide