Tips To Improve Memory Power
“Expert Advice To Help You Improve Your Memory”
Here are all-natural ways to improve memory power and concentration. – Are you looking for a 100% safe way to improve your short and long term memory? This article will reveal how you can boost and improve your memory quickly and without the dangerous side effects of some memory “alertness products” or prescription drugs. Your mind will become sharper, you’ll be able to think faster, focus better as you improve your memory.
In this article you’ll find important advice and information to help you improve your mental focus and how to improve the memory.
Do You Need to Improve Your Memory?
If you would like to improve memory power it helps to understand why our memory fails in the first place. We’ve all had our memories fail us at one time or another. For some people, it happens all the time. For others, the memory lapses are only momentary and don’t occur very often.
Either way, it can be frustrating. Are you the type who is constantly losing important things, like your keys? Do you find that your mental focus is not what it once was? Do you get distracted easily and have a hard time recalling simple information? These are all clear signs that you need to improve your short and long term memory.
Why Does Your Memory Fail?
The fact is, if you are wasting valuable time looking for things or recalling information that you should already know and not need to look up time and again, you are hurting your overall productivity and performance. Not only does your professional life suffer, but it can start to affect your personal life as well.
There are a lot of reasons why you could have a memory problem. First of all, you could simply be suffering from fatigue. Another thing that can hurt your memory is chronic stress. Unfortunately, even though fatigue and stress can cause memory loss, the memory loss can actually worsen your fatigue and cause even more stress which causes a vicious circle.
Here are some things that can be the cause of your memory problem.
- Poor diet
- Being overworked
The good news is that it is possible to improve memory power and turn things around. However, no matter what the cause is, you can be comforted in knowing that there are all-natural products that have been proven to work, as well as some key strategies that can really help to increase your mental capacity.
How To Improve Memory Power & Concentration
As we’ve discussed, there are several reasons why your memory problems could exist. It can be quite frustrating, especially if you’ve addressed this with your doctor and they can’t see anything “wrong” so they don’t give you anything to improve memory power. In fact, it is all too easy to blame it on stress, or “age”.
However, the reality is that short term memory and long term memory problems can happen no matter how old they are. I have found that there are some rather effective things you can do to improve your memory, no matter if the doctors have “found” the cause or not. Yes, it is possible to stop memory loss in its tracks and maybe even reverse the damage that has already been caused.
I have a lot of personal experience with these strategies to improve a person’s memory. I often need to give three hour long presentations. Since I don’t like to read from a script, I need to make sure my mind is sharp. I regularly follow the strategies I am about to outline as well as taking a supplement that helps with both short term memory and long term memory.
What Can Ce Done To Improve Memory Power?
It is true that as we get older, our body doesn’t perform as optimally as it used to. Our circulatory system ages, which includes the arteries and blood vessels. We may have plaque build up which further cuts off the blood supply from our bodies. Our brain gets older, too. We also don’t eat as well as we used to.
It’s no wonder that we can all stand to improve our memory. These factors start to affect our memory. We begin to experience short term memory loss. Our thinking isn’t as clear as it used to be. And, unless we change our lifestyle habits and start taking the right supplements, it will only get worse.
So what can you do? Here are some things that can help.
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Take effective natural remedies.
- Engage in regular physical activity.
All of thee things can help your body stay healthy which will help keep your mind sharp. Moving forward, beware of supplements that contain stimulants like caffeine. Though these can help improve your memory, the effectiveness is only temporary. It doesn’t give you a long term solution.
7 Tips To Improve Memory Power Now
As we’ve discussed, there are things you can do to help enhance your memory. Here are some strategies you can use
1. Exercise Regularly- We all know that exercise keeps our bodies fit - and this includes the brain. When we exercise regularly, it not only tones our muscles and cardiovascular system, but it also can help improve concentration and memory. To help improve memory power do any activity that you like including swimming, walking, running, riding your bike, even dancing.
2. Challenge Your Brain- Physical activity isn’t the only way to exercise your brain. Doing things like brain teasers, puzzles, problem solving games, and other brain teasers helps encourage and enhance the health of your brain cells. Other things that help include reading, doing crossword puzzles, pursuing or taking on a new hobby, playing board games or card games, and regularly engaging in cultural activities all keep your brain cells stimulated.
What exactly does it do for your brain? Well, studies have shown that these activities can help lower your risk of developing Alzheimer’s Disease. If you want to improve memory power and prevent memory loss, this is an essential thing to do.
3. Mental Focus- Have you ever lost your car in a parking lot? Do you consistently forget where you put your wallet, purse, or keys? Are you spending your time tracking down things that you “should” know where they are? If so, then you will find this strategy to be very helpful.
Next tine you do something like park your car, stop and pay attention to exactly where it is. How close are you to the door? Are there any landmarks near you? If you want to remember something, spending a total of 8 seconds simply paying attention will increase your memory and brain capacity. And, it works for everything, not just parking cars. No matter what you do, focus your attention on it and you will find that your memory will improve.
4. Get Enough Sleep- Have you ever noticed that you are more forgetful when you don’t get enough sleep? Or , perhaps you have been sleep-deprived for so long, you haven’t noticed. As an experiment, work on getting at least eight hours of sleep a night. This can definitely help improve memory power.
This is backed by studies done on both adults and children. People who have experienced sleep deprivation don’t perform as well as those who sleep enough. There was a study done that measured performance on a test. Half the group got enough sleep, half didn’t. The group that got enough sleep ( 7 or 8 hours a night) scored 58% better than the group that didn’t.
5. Get Rid of Stress- It is no secret that our lives are filled with stress. Work, family life, and the daily pressure of our lives can begin to take a toll on our bodies unless we manage it. This is not only good for our health, bit it can also help us improve memory power. Exercise. Do yoga. Knit or crochet. Engage in deep breathing exercise. Choose a way to relieve stress that works for you and do it as often as you need to in order to keep your stress levels down.
6. Take Natural Supplements- There are some herbal supplements out there, such as Gingko, that can really help with your memory because they provide your brain with essential nutrients and can help increase blood flow. These things can help improve mental performance and will therefore help your memory.
7. Eat a Healthy Diet- We have all heard the saying, “you are what you eat.” Well, I believe that if we eat foods that are rich in essential nutrients for brain health, our brains will be much healthier which will help with our memories. Remember to avoid foods that aren’t good for us such as those that are high in saturated fat or “trans-fats” and refined carbohydrates.
So, what kinds of foods should you eat?
- Foods that are high in healthy fats can help improve memory power. These include cold pressed olive oil, nuts, and fish such as salmon.
- Healthy whole grains such as oatmeal and whole grain bread.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy protein sources like lean meat and eggs.
- Adequate dairy products.
- Foods that are high in potassium such as bananas, oranges, and potatoes.
- Also, make sure you drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
In addition to avoiding unhealthy foods, you should also avoid things like drugs, smoking, and consuming excess amounts of alcohol. In fact, if you really need to improve memory power, alcohol should be avoided all together.
If you are looking for a complete memory improvement package to read, I can recommend this powerful memorization techniques program. It contains 6 books, a computer memory game and a flash card software program. It’s a great value and one of the best memory improvement packages I’ve read. It's called: “Memory Improvement Techniques”
Do Supplements Really Work For Memory Loss?
Yes, supplements really can help with your memory loss problems and to help keep your brain sharp. How do they work to increase your memory? Well, as we’ve discussed, as our bodies age one of the main things that happens is that our circulatory systems don’t work as well.
This means that our flow of oxygen rich blood is decreased. Our brains need oxygen to function properly. If our oxygen supply is somehow depleted, it can hurt our mental concentration which will then affect our memory.
Luckily, there are some supplements that can help prevent this from happening. These formulas have been well-studies and have been shown to improve brain capacity, especially as we age. Not only that, but they can help restore normal brain activity which will improve memory power.
I have seen very good results when people use these supplements, especially when it comes to concentration and memory. These herbal supplements contain the highest quality ingredients available and are perfectly formulated for potency for optimal use.
Which Supplements Can Work?
I have mentioned that I take supplements to help improve my memory, especially when I give long presentations that require a sharp mind. The best one I have found is called MemoRise. I can feel my concentration and focus increase because of it and I notice that my memory improves because of that. Most of my former customers also really like it.
MemoRise contains the highest quality ingredients possible, and is also a high-potency (and therefore highly effective) formula. And, unlike other products I’ve tried, this product works for the long term. Other products only work for a few hours and then it’s back to square one. Not with MemoRise, however.
In addition to following the memory improvement tips and techniques in this article, MemoRise can really assist you with having a fantastic memory and a healthy brain that stays sharp even as you age.
Taking supplements don’t replace the need for a healthy diet which should include lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and omega 3 fatty acids. By keeping your body healthy, you will also keep your brain healthy which helps to improve your memory.
Improve your concentration and memory power. Feel sharp and focused. Be more productive and function at your very best. Judge for yourself...see if it works for you too.
Back to the top of page: “Tips To Improve Memory Power”
Return to the home page: Natural Herbal Remedies Guide