Finding The Best Skin Whitening Cream
Top 15 Skin Lightening Creams Tested And Reviewed
Today people are using a skin whitening cream or skin lightening cream to get a beautiful, radiant and flawless lighter complexion. Almost everyone, at some point in their life has encountered common skin problems like skin darkening or skin aging. Hyperpigmentation in skin can cause facial brown spots, sun spots, age spots or discolored skin patches.
There are literally hundreds of skin whitening creams on the market, so you want to make sure the product you buy actually works. But, it's not that easy to tell which of these products works the best because they all make such incredible claims.
Expert Advice To Find The Top Rated Skin Whitening Cream
When I owned my herbal health and supplements store women always wanted to know if I sold a natural skin lightener. Back then the only safe natural herbal treatment I suggested was the use of lemon juice, kojic acid and licorice extract to lighten the skin.
Women were using skin bleaching cream for many reasons, however most of these creams contained hydroquinone which can cause serious health side effects. Now there are much safer and more natural skin lighteners which can produce the same effects without the potential health risks. Today skin lightening creams are sold in stores and online. The question is: "Which skin whitening cream works the fastest and is also safe to use?"
Rating The Top 15 Skin Whitening Creams
To find out everything I could about these skin whiteners I needed to research the information online and to test the products myself with the help of several friends. I narrowed my test to the top 15 selling whitening creams on the market that didn't have dangerous chemicals in them. The challenge was to find out which skin whitening cream really worked the best to lighten the dark areas of the skin.
Here is the list of the top 15 selling skin whitening creams I tested and researched in alphabetical order:
Clinicians Complex Skin Bleaching Cleanser DermaQuest Skin Therapy Skin Lightening Serum Dermology Skin Brightener Cream Makari MD Strength Natural Skin Lightener Medliten Meladerm Nur76 Skin Lightening Serum Oriki Whitening Serum Revitol Skin Brightener Skinbright South Beach Skin Lightening Gel Spa Basin Skin Bleach Vikki LaMotta's Perfect Skin Lightener Xtend-Life Skin Lightening
I rated and judged each skin whitening cream using 5 different criteria or guidelines, similar to the cellulite test I did 6 months ago.
1. Consumer Product Review's- I used "Consumer Health Digest", "E-Consumer", Smart Skin Care.com and other review sites on the internet. The reviews are from women who actually used the skin whitening cream. They rated the products on their effectiveness and speed of bleaching the skin. They also noted on how well the companies treated them after the sale in regards of ease of canceling and backing-up their guarantees or return policies.
2. Safe Effective Ingredients- 100% safe natural herbal ingredients (no side effects) and fastest working ingredients being used in today's skin whitening creams. I wanted to find products that did not have harmful ingredients. Harmful ingredients include hydroquinone, mercury and steroids. these ingredients will whiten the skin, but the health problems they create are not worth it! Natural herbal skin bleaching cream products can produce the same skin lightening results, and you can use them without worrying about possible negative side effects in the future. The U.K. and France has actually banished the use of hydroquinone in skin whiteners.
3. Manufactures Guarantee- This would indicate to me that they have faith in the effectiveness of their product to lighten the skin. This would include money back guarantees and return policies and if they honor these policies.
4. Reliable Testimonials- In some cases I found that customers were being paid for submitting a favorable testimonial on the product. I also found that some of the companies were not complying with FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) regulations in regard to testimonials and what consumers can really expect to achieve from the advertised product.
5. Recommended Products- Surveying spas to find safe and effective products that they would recommend for a face whitening cream, bleaching cream or sun spot cream.
Also, make sure you buy any product directly from the manufacturer or an authorized retailer. I found a couple of black market bleaching creams for sale trying to pass as brand name products. It's not a good idea to buy personal skin products from ebay or even Amazon.com. because the product could be fake and made in a foreign country like China.
Why Do People Lighten Their Skin?
There are many reasons why people choose to lighten their skin. In some cases people are trying to live up to a particular cultural standard of beauty. In other cases people will lighten their skin as a way to hide blemishes or repair areas where their skin tone is uneven.
We live in a world that still has many misconceptions and cultural biases. However, as long as some people feel that lighter skin is better, there will be those who will want to conform to this ideal.
There is nothing wrong with trying to feel and look the best that you can be. And of course, I would recommend you always use a safe, natural skin whitener that will not compromise your health.
Why People Use Skin Bleaching Cream
Skin whitening cream can help cure discoloration or excessive pigmentation of the skin. The cause of skin darkness and discoloration is an excess formation of a pigment called melanin. (mel-uh-nin) When the UV rays of the sun stimulate your skin to produce more melanin, it produces deposits of pigment in the upper layer of the skin. This will darken your skin and with time can cause patchy or age spots in the outer layer (epidermis) of your skin.
People who are struggling with any of the skin conditions below, will find that the condition is less noticeable when using a skin lightening cream.
- Blemish or acne scarring
- Uneven pigmentation of the skin
- Complexion that they believe is too dark
- Age spots or liver spots on the face or body
- Skin discolorations on elbows, knuckles or underarms
- Dark circles under eyes
- Scars that are too dark
- Gray or brown discoloration of the skin (melasma)
- Birth marks or spots in skin
The Dangers Of Skin Bleaching
Some of the skin whitening creams contain chemicals that can harm you in the future. You may be temped to use chemical-based products. But keep in mind that the negative effects to your body, such as cancer, kidney damage or mercury poisoning, in the long run, will be greater than the benefits they'll provide.
I would not recommend any skin lightening cream that contained hydroquinone, steroids or mercury. There are safer ways to bleach skin by using natural ingredients that will also inhibit the melanin production in the skin. The products I tested all contain natural herbal ingredients, have no side effects, will not irritate the skin and some preformed excellent in lightening the skin and removing dark spots.
How Long Will It Take?
Natural herbal skin whitening products take longer to see results than chemical products. Give the product time to work. There isn't a skin lightening cream on the market today that will lighten your skin overnight...regardless of the marketing claims. For overall skin lightening I would suggest getting more than one unit because you'll be using more than someone just treating age spots on their hands. Also, you'll be able to get multiple units discounts up to 66% off.
Even the best products can take 2 or 3 months to see results, although some of the testers saw visible lighter skin much faster, in just 2 to 3 weeks. It all depends on your particular skin type.
Best Rated Skin Whitener
After testing and reviewing the 15 top selling natural skin lighteners on the market, We determined that the best products are Meladerm Pigment Reducing Complex and Revitol Skin Brightener Cream. The reason we ended up picking two products is the cost factor. Meladerm works a bit faster but costs 67% more. Some of the testers saw noticeable lighter skin in just 14 days using Meladerm. With Revitol it took about 3 weeks to see a difference in skin tone. But they both received the top honors in our test that lasted over a 4 month period. Both of these products will:
- Lighten your skin
- Smooth out uneven pigmentation
- Get rid of age spots
- Lighten dark circles under the eyes
- Lighten scars and acne scarring
The other products we tested either took too long to work or just didn't work at all.
Meladerm Pigment Reducing Complex definitely lives up to its claims. There are other skin whitening creams with similar ingredients, but none worked as effectively and quickly to lighten the skin. The manufacturer also offers an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee if you're not completely satisfied. The only cons we could find is that sunblock has to be purchased separately and the price...although with the larger size, 3.4 oz you can save $20.
Revitol Skin Brightener also is an excellent product that works very well to decrease skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation. Revitol takes about 7 days longer to work, but the results were the same as with Meladerm. A plus is that Revitol is 45% less expensive than Meladerm, so it's a great value skin whitening cream. Also, you can save up to 66% when you order multiple units.
Return from this page to the home page: Natural Herbal Remedies Guide
For more information on skin problems check out: WebMd.com